To operate as one integrated, customer-centric company, a company which sees the world through its customer’s eyes
and delivers its brand promise consistently at every touch point.
We serve the entire region as our community, providing peace of mind to customers to let them know that we are here to help take care of the things they care for.
Click. Listen. Learn. Serve & Earn!
• New FlexiTerm premium rates will be available on SalesPal from Monday May 25.
• The new minimum sum assured will be $200,000 TTD / $50,000 BBD.
• The new maximum issue age for Term to 85 policies will be age 74 (previously 69), subject to a maximum total coverage of $2,000,000 TTD / $700,000 BBD for policies issued to customers aged 70 and above.
• Customers who have purchased a policy within 3 months of the launch date (i.e. February 25 or thereafter) will be eligible to switch to the new rates. They will have up to 3 months from the launch date (until August 25) to switch to the new rates, with no further underwriting, provided the sum assured remains the same. Commissions and overrides for these policies will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the new premium rates.
• Any existing quotations will be honoured for 1 month.
• The sums assured available for Xpress Life will be updated from Monday May 25. Xpress Life will now be available for sums assured of (TTD) $100,000, $200,000, $300,000, $400,000 and $500,000.
• As a reminder, Xpress Life is a limited pay, whole life product with no medical underwriting required (customers are however required to complete a questionnaire consisting of 5 questions).
• Premiums are paid for 20 years. The policy may be surrendered for a full return of premium in the 21st year only. No other surrender values are available.
• Any existing quotations will be honoured for 1 month.
Please reach out to the Pricing and Product Development team via the GLOC Actuarial mailbox for any further guidance or clarification that may be required.
The Digital Sales Process officially launched effective May 1st, 2020. This digital process removes the restriction of interacting with our clients and allow us to complete the entire sales process digitally, inclusive of digital signatures.
Since the way we do business has changed and this is the new normal, we must embrace this new process if we want to remain relevant in this rapidly evolving business environment. You are encouraged to utilize all the new tools and training material that has been provided in our virtual training programs, as well as our recently updated GGLDC web platform.
Please reach out to our support teams as well as our training division for any further guidance our clarification that may be required.
Guardian Life’s Online Portal is LIVE as at April 20th, 2020. Clients now have an even greater ability to transact business with us remotely.
The portal can be accessed at:
Via the Group’s website at (In the top right hand banner ad, there is a clickable box labelled “Pay Life Premium”):
Three (3) easy steps for customers to make life premium payments regardless of physical location.
Step 1: Sign Up (a verification code will be sent to complete the process and secure access)
Step 2: Log on to MyGuardianLifeOnline Portal
Step 3: Proceed to browse and transact business with us
|Client Benefits||Organizational Benefits|
|Quick and Secure Renewal Payments||Reduced client interface which is critical in light of the ongoing pandemic|
|Real time policy status information||Faster account settlements|
|Ability to update personal contact information||Ability to collect payments 24/7|
|Contact Us||Enhanced payment security|
|Reduced administration and reconciliation|
Sign up and utilize these great services as our greatest Ambassadors are always our internal customers!
Temporary Suspension of Flex Accumulator Product with Immediate EffectThe Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago (CBTT), whilst acknowledging that the Flex Accumulator Product was previously approved for sale, has changed its decision on the classification of this product as an annuity contract. The communication mandated the immediate stop of marketing and selling new Flex Accumulator business, pending resolution of the matter.
The product will be removed from SalesPal by the end of the business day on Tuesday April 21st, 2020.
Note: This decision does not impact existing Flex Accumulator policies.
-Some insurance services have been designated essential by the Government of T&T in the “lockdown” during the period 30th March – 15th April.
The insurance services deemed essential are:
-Administrative services, e.g. payment of claims, processing of premiums etc.
-Note: Sales and branch operations have not been deemed essential.
Customer service centers will be opened, however, kindly remind clients that we are capable of processing all transactions remotely either via email, through our websites or over the phone.
We are aiming to conduct the vast majority of our transactions remotely, therefore while we may be operating remotely, our working hours for persons operating remotely would generally remain as normal (8am to 4pm), subject to the acknowledged challenges of trying to operate from one’s home.
-Lapse period increase from 90 to 180 days. However, encourage clients to pay their policies on time and up to date as this will provide a buffer in the event of extenuating circumstances.
-Hold on claw backs for policy non delivery. Clients being able to sign electronically is a process currently being worked on.
-First premiums can be paid via credit cards
- MPOS payments can now be accepted upon selecting “Start E-Application” on Sales pal, i.e. upon the generation of the Application ID.
- The salesperson has 24 hours to submit the application upon receiving payment. Beyond this timeline, you would run the risk of your application not being settled in a timely manner.
- Premiums can be adjusted after accepting this payment for two (2) reasons:
In either of the above cases 1 or 2, the salesperson must return to the Client to request or provide a refund of the difference
|General GGLDC & Sales Force Development Info|